Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sago Gula Melaka

Today I had fasted . It was raining in the afternoon. Usually my father would fast every Monday and Thursday but today as he had to take his medication he did do so . So , I have no companion.
Yesterday I had looked in the net for something , a cleanser. I came across Pond's cold cream . It had good reviews. I used to use it about 10 years ago . So today , I went to search for the cream . I went to about 3 pharmacies near the house and then , I walked all the way to the mall in a walking distance. To my disappointment , there is no more Pond's cold cream . So I settled for another cleansing foam. I think I can find the cold cream somewhere KL. Maybe if I follow my husband to work I might find the cream .
In the past 3 days my mother had cooked sweet porridge in the rice -cooker. My father liked it but my mother was against eating anything sweet especially with sugar. She said that at their age , people do not eat that much. I have another 20 years to go. Since I am without any income, I am searching for inexpensive desserts . I have some sago in the shelves, I had just brought palm sugar and there is some coconut . The first time I made the sago , I had boiled too much water and I did not stir the sago, in the end it was watery . So , I bought two packs of sago and look up for a sago recipe . I still could not get perfectly cooked sago. I must have done something wrong but I did get the coconut milk and palm sugar right. So , I break fast with the sago gula melaka and my mother's chicken soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment