Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cucumber and Milk Cleanser

I am out of a suitable facial cleanser. Although I have bought a cleanser a few days ago, I still wanted to make a cleanser. After browsing the net for the easiest recipe, I had found one last night. The materials are easily available. I have yet to find the vegetable glycerin or bee's wax. In the morning ,I went to the supermarket nearby. I have juiced the cucumber and added the milk. So this will be my cleansing milk for the next couple of weeks. I have gathered a few more recipes if I do get bored with this one.The recipe is from the net :

This is a gentle cleanser for dry skin.
Ingredients:
1 Cucumber
1/2 Cup Whole Milk
Directions:
Peel cucumber and liquefy it in a blender or food processor. Use some cheese cloth to strain the seeds out of the cucumber. Then put the cucumber and milk into a bottle or jar. Dub a little amount of the mix using a clean cotton balls and gently wipe your face. Then wash your face with lukewarm water. You will need to refrigerate this solution in between uses. It will keep for 5 to 7 days. Don't use it if it smells like it has turned and pretest it on your arm if you have not used this cleanser before.

A week ago , I had started applying lemon juice at night around my eyes and on some of the pigmentation on my cheeks. I was supposed to do it in the morning and at night. I did not do so in the morning as I usually hang my clothes under the sun and lemon juice has sun sensitivity and would cause the skin to darken.
Since I am all alone most of the time. I watch the television and surf the net . I have yet to buy a book to read. As the fasting month approaches , I thought of baking some biscuits . I remember years ago when my mother and sisters would bake a lot of biscuits into the late nights but now my mother buys biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment