Thursday, August 14, 2008

Home Made Skin Care

I was glued to the computer searching for home made facial cream recipes. I wanted to make my own simple face cream. I dabbled in aromatherapy, making body oil and face oil. Sometimes I make my own oil perfume. I first started buying essential oils when I thought buying perfume was more expensive. Then I bought some books on aromatherapy.
I have not tried making face cream before because I did not know where to buy bee's wax . This year however , I found some local shops in the net which sells bee's wax. The shop is called Multifilla in Balakong. I would go there perhaps at the end of the month. There is another shop named Ajensi Ria in Bandar Tun Razak but it deals in book binding items however it does sell bee's wax. If all fails, I would just buy an unscented cream where I would just add the the essential oils in it. It would be fun though , to make a face cream from scratch.
Another item I was looking for was vegetable glycerin which can be obtained from baking supplies shop. It seems that glycerin is good for the skin. I find it soothing to make these things. It is not an inexpensive past time but I will know what exactly goes into the cream. I would think initially I would have to buy some oils . Grape seed oil,almond oil, Castor oil, sesame oil, bee's wax , vegetable glycerin , castille soap ,honey and some rosewater .Throw in some lemon or lime. I have bought a few bottles of facial turmeric powder the last time went to town so all of these would keep me occupied for the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment