Thursday, August 21, 2008

Apple Pie

I have succeeded baking an apple pie . Why a pie , you might ask . Perhaps it's a personal choice. I have not tried baking a cake although I have helped my brother baked a cheese cake . In the past years , I have collected pie recipes but never tried to make one. I have wanted to bake a pie because I personally like to eat chicken pies . I have tried baking a pie once using a frozen pastry dough without any success a few years ago. Baking a pie looks daunting especially making the pastry but now I am happy to report that I did succeed. My sisters are here with my niece and nephew. All my sisters are lecturers. They said the pie is tasty. I think I am a late bloomer. Maybe , I could bake nice things after all. If I did not try I would never have known .
Usually when my sisters are here, all my family members would gather . Usually we will cook for dinner. Tomorrow , I am not sure what menu will be . The 'kampong' menu or the 'Nasi Tomato ' menu with dalca , chicken and lamb . I have not uploaded any photos . This will come later.
My husband had taught me how to cook a simple lamb dish. It's made of lamb shoulder cut into cubes, ripe tomatoes and Bird's Eye Chili Pepper, which is also known as Chili padi.
First add the cubed lamb into hot oil and let it cook. Add the chili and some curry powder.When the lamb is cooked add the cubed tomatoes and cook the tomatoes which will become like a sauce. Then add some salt . Usually I will add more tomatoes to this dish . It's a simple tasty dish which is great to have with the tomato rice.
Sometimes , I will make a yogurt chutney . Just blend some chili padi with fresh mint and add to the yogurt. Then add the salt accordingly. Sometimes the nicest dish are the ones with simple ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment