Monday, December 28, 2009

My mother's cooking

Today as my parents fast for the Muharram month my mother cooked something nice. These are my favourite dishes . They complement each other beautifully.
She cooked 'gulai ayam' or chicken curry ,spinach and sweet potato  , fried chicken and sambal.  The sambal add more zest  to the curry . Sambal is made by pounding red chilies, salt and shrimp paste . Then add some salt and squeeze some lime .  When my husband comes back home early , he likes to watch videos. So I would leave him be for awhile . Then I add a lot of rice for him and more fried chicken  because he loves my mother's curry. I don't  normally cook at home  for the family because I am not as good as my mother when it comes to cooking .As I  might have written somewhere  my mother said that she has cooked since she was 12 so experience counts. He he he.
I went to One Utama yesterday , I saw  the Women's Weekly cookbook called 'Little Pies'. I like  the small little pies or the mini fritatta. I have yet to buy the muffin tray. Another dessert that caught my eye is poached pear in syrup served with hot chocolate , vanilla ice cream and cream or chantilly cream . Later I found out  the  dessert is called Poires Belle- Helene or  Pears Belle Helen.Little do I know that I am into French cooking.
Well ,Bon Apetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment