Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Colmar Tropicale

On Sunday , our family went to Colmar Tropicale to celebrate my father's 73rd birthday. My brother Zahid  and family came back for their  vacation from Seychelles. My sister Nas and children , my two brothers, GG and Mal ,my parents and I .  Colmar Tropicale is situated on  Bukit Tinggi ,Pahang  . It is a french themed resort Alsace to be exact  . Very romantic. It is one of Berjaya group's  many properties.  I have not been there before so this is a very nice trip for me also.
In the morning my mother prepared Nasi Lemak.  With fried chicken, sambal , 'kangkung' and of course the nasi lemak which she had cooked  last night. We are off around 12.00 noon. I had left  a bowl of  dry cat food for Jingga and the other cats.  The trip was not long from Kuala Lumpur to Berjaya Hills. It was cool when we reached there . The buildings are nice , we took a lot of pictures.There were many visitors.
The white swans

  
We went to the rooms at 5.00 pm The suite was   large with two rooms with white poster beds overlooking the square. After wolfing down  the nasi lemak I was back to la la land. My mother also plonked besides me. Before we got to our rooms, we went up to the Japanese gardens. The trip up the gardens was fun as it was a winding road on an open air van.  My nephews and niece rented the kimonos . Maryam looked nice in the red kimono so did Zahin and Hamzah.
It was beautiful at night with the  the lights. We had dinner at the La Flamme restaurant. We had lasagne , alfredo spaghetti, carbonara and bolognaise and pizzas. Some of us did not go to the bowling alley and tried archery. My mother also did not want to watch the international dance  at the square at 9.30 pm.  I was very tired and retired early.
                                                             
The next morning after breakfast we went to see the white swans and  the black swans. The pair of white swans  swam to  us . So we bought some food for them. My mother said to give the swans  the food on the palm  of  our hands but I was scared. The black    swans are beautiful . It wanted to go to the other side. of the pond. . Then we went back. I would definitely go back to Colmar with my husband one day.
My nephew wanted to see the rabbit but too bad the rabbits were not around anymore . So we went to horse trail.  The guy at the stables told us that the horses can bite so to be careful.  Then my two nephews and my brother Zahid took a ride.
After that we went back and had lunch at D'templer , a chinese Muslim restaurant at Gombak.  The dishes are tasty.  We had some dimsum  and of course rice. He he he.

No comments:

Post a Comment