Monday, June 14, 2010

Jane Austen and Jingga

Jingga my male cat has a lady visitor every night. A scrawny looking female cat from the colony of cats behind our house. She does not like him.  I had to bring her out.  Poor  Jingga , he is still searching and waits for her. He refuses to come into the house. She will come again around 2  am  with Awang the cat. I had to shoo shoo Awang out because I don' t want them to fight.
I have been watching Jane Austen's novels uploaded on the You Tube. I am currently watching Persuasion 1995 there is another version in 2007. I like cotton dresses, the thing is my tailor does not know how to make empire dresses . I saw a nice chiffon  dress at Arcadia in Jusco Bandar Utama. It is about RM 80. I will show it to my tailor . A Miss Diah.
 I have now realised my  dream to read again. I went to the  Project Guttenberg website . So there are three novels to read simultaneously , if I don't doze off. A room with a view, Greenmantle by John Buchan and The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton .A chapter a day.  My husband said that there  are period movies sold  in a shop where he works. All I have to do is give him the titles. Nevertheless , I can enjoy the movies now. So for now I can
go back to favourite pastime .

No comments:

Post a Comment