Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Penang and Nasi Lemuni

Last Friday I went to Penang with my parents and my brothers. Left at home were  my husband and Jingga the kitten. I have bought enough food for the kitten and also for Awang. I received a cookbook from GG , and a food steamer  from Yati and Nas. Doctor Doctor.  I was thinking of making the poached eggs and steamed asparagus with or without shaved parmesan. Parmesan cheese cost RM 20 , perhaps I will try the hollandaise sauce instead. There is a recipe for  orange sauce somewhere in the tube. It was quite a long trip , I slept  all the way. Nas's  new house is in Changkat xxx somewhere in Penang.  It's about 2 1/2 storeys.Nice with Bofi kitchen . He he he .
  That night we went to have dinner at  the restaurants  downstairs  . I had lamb khabsa and  so did Mal.  GG had a potato dish.Everyone else had  Thai food.  The lamb khabsa is like a lamb soup spicy , with large portions. It was served with  rice , salad and the chili.It was food conversation all the way to Penang.  In the morning my father wanted to try the Nasi Kandar  at  Kg Melayu. It was situated in one of the flats. I forgot where. There were people waiting in line  . It must be good. I had a fried  chicken Maryland . So did GG and my father. My mother took the fish. The next thing my parents were buying crab . For the crab curry, I still do not know how to make the curry.  The next morning we went to Sardon area ,at the  food stall. I did not catch the name. It's famous for breakfast . My mother and I had nasi Lamuni . . Nasi Lamuni is an anti aging rice ,made with the Lemuni  leaves. Did you know ? I did not .It was tasty.
The next day we went back to KL without my mother . My mother will stay there until today . We stopped at  Tapah rest area.  There was a stall which caught our area . It sells coffee. How can I forget the name.  We went to the other stalls but we came back there  . I had iced mocha , Mal had cocoa , my father had coffee and GG had iced coffee.  When I came back home I was greeted by Jingga which meowed , it was hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment