Monday, February 16, 2009

Face Cream

I made a face cream from scratch today. Hooray !!! I have been wanting to make it for a long time. So at last . I used the ingredients from Kathy Keville's book. The first book I bought on aromatherapy. I followed the recipe to the letter because I have never made a cream before. I used extra virgin olive oil because I don't have almond oil. Using 1 cup of oil, 1 cup of distilled water and 3 tsp of shaved bees wax. Years ago , I thought it would be difficult but it was not so bad after all. The water was warm enough. I melted the bee's wax in the oil on top of boiling water. I had warmed the distilled water before. When the wax had melted in the oil, it took about 10 minutes to cool off.
The blender was on the highest speed . The process was very quick. It does make nice thick cream but it had been such a long time to able to make the cream. I thought I would never make it.
Well so much so . The cream is yellow colour . It smell of olive oil and I have yet to add any essential oil. For the 1 cup of oil and 1 cup of water , I got 4 small containers of face cream. I have put the three in the refrigerator and one in the room. I probably buy a bigger container and make a body cream with it. Ylang -ylang , geranium and orange essential oil would be lovely to add to both face and body cream. The last time I surf the net, Mustika Ratu with it's Taman Sari Spa has some very nice essential oil, I'd like the Tuberose one.
I had fried fish and made a spinach dish for my father and my brother . I am not adventurous in preparing lunch or dinner for my family because I am not very good at it. My mother does it better. I have seen a new dish named "Spanakopita" or spinach pie. It looks simple with spinach feta cheese and phyllo pastry. I love cheese. I would like to try this dish because it looks filling and there is spinach. I think I have tried this dish or something like this not long ago. I remembered my youngest brother asking me what is this ? So, maybe I will try it again .

No comments:

Post a Comment