Friday, December 2, 2011

Birthday party , potato gratin and pea soup






The four of us my parents, Mal and me went to A & W in  Petaling Jaya to celebrate Rania Z's 1st birthday . It was raining when we reached the place  . We saw our old house at Section 14 on the way to A & W. What memories, Rania was there in faux fur and a sweet gown. A princess . He he he. The games were enjoyable.
I made potato gratin .  I took about six medium sized potatos and sliced them thinly. I need a mandolin !!!
 Then add milk and salt . I cooked the potatoes for 15 minutes then pop the potaoes in the oven at 180celcius for one hour . Before that I add cream and some  cheddar cheese. I made the potatoes twice , the second time  I add more salt  and grated the cheese. The first time I  turn the oven for 200celcius at the last 30 minutes , it was not very nice . The constant temperature of 180celcius is good enough.
I also tried pea soup. I have always wanted to make soup but did not go about it. I bought some frozen peas, fresh thyme and parsley . I missed the lettuce or leeks. However I did go about making express broth. I made chicken broth twice.  At first I wanted to make pea soup with cumin with potato and tomato . I did not .  I made a lot and I ended eating all the pea soup myself . I have some more peas in the freezer . Perhaps tomorrow I will buy cumin.


No comments:

Post a Comment