Thursday, January 27, 2011

Food For Thought

Two nights ago , we , my parents , Yatie , Mal and I went to the Homst Chinese Muslim restaurant in Taman Tun Dr Ismail  for dinner. We ordered steamed fish with garlic, chicken ,  fried squid , some vegetable and a tauhu dish. The three of us had a Ribena laichi drinks while my parents had barley. It was a nice dinner and they also have roast duck . So , the next time I can order a roast duck. It is RM 50 for a whole duck. I have forgotten about this restaurant and we had to go so far in Shah Alam to have one . Oh well ....
Yati is here for a short holiday from Dubai. Tonight Nas will be arriving with the children and Sadd will come on Saturday morning.  So there will be a wonderful  get together again . Jingga is trying to go out from the house. He was allowed to go out about two days and he is waiting patiently for someone to  let him out. His mouth is getting swollen and luckily , his antibiotics has not finished.   There is some left . He is now perched on the computer table staring out  at the  glass doors .How sad  and staring at me too  ...  Today my father had gone out early in the morning  to buy the groceries. My mother will be making  salted fish curry , or gulai ikan kering , kerabu , or salad with fern leaf with   cockles and bean sprout salad. Yummy !!!
My mother loves seafood , chinese ,thai, nyonya , vietnamese and most food around that region. My father on the other hand loves food from the Indian region and  the Middleeast . Most of the times we have seafood for my mother loves fish. I married a Pakistani man from the  Afghan descent who likes his food simple with lots of tomatoes and yoghurt. He loves lady's fingers and eggplant. So nowadays I cook using the medley of these items  with lots of bird's eyes chillies.
Today Yati, Mal,my mother  and I went to KL for some banking business. After a lot of deliberation we ended at One Utama for a late lunch. We went to an authentic Nyonya restaurant on the first floor of the old wing .There is the nyonya fare of  asam pedas , some chicken , honey squids and nice manggo salad. It was tasty treat from Yati. Then I went to Watson's  which has shifted their stores. It was bright and very nice. I was looking at Simplysiti  skincare and cosmetics and the various Japanese skincare. One that caught my eye was the soya bean cleansing cream and DHC products. Then I went to Jusco  and East India to look at the sale while Yati, Mal and my mother went for  their favourite pastime , gold hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment