Friday, February 5, 2010

Poire Belle Helene or Poached Pears with chocolate sauce

I saw this recipe when I was browsing a the  MPH bookstore the other day  . It looks good .  This recipe is called Beautiful Helen. It was created by Auguste Escoffier around 1870's after the operetta La Belle Helene by Jaques Offenbach. The recipe is about a hundred years old. I learn cooking from the internet . Desserts are nice to make.
This is another very sweet and lovely  dessert.  Maybe it is for the sweet tooth.  I bought the normal cooking chocolate .Nothing fancy.  I added the chocolate into the heated cream. It melted. I used  a Peckham pear.  The pear is not so sweet . It is the syrup , the chocolate and the vanilla ice-cream. This is one for keeps. Perhaps I should poach the pears longer until it absorbed all the sugar or I should let it be. My father said it is very sweet. My brother Mal gobbled it up . He he . The chocolate sauce is nearly finished. I think I will  ask someone to buy some chocolate.
I also went to Jaya Grocer at Tropicana and HPA today. I bought a vanilla ice cream and some traditional cosmetics from HPA.  I am back to the embroidery I left. This is seasonal.  I am now searching for delicious ,easy dishes to make. After this maybe some savoury dishes like stuffed tomatos. With crabs or shrimps. My mother like that idea. She used to make them , she said when she was a teenager. Hhmm.  I wonder if I am able to cook for an afternoon party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment