Saturday, February 13, 2010

February Birthdays - Al Rawsha

 
Jingga in a resting mood

Last Wednesday I ordered take away from Al Rawsha restaurant at Jalan Damai. They can deliver for orders above  RM 100. Actually one of the riders had  sent  food to our house by mistake a  few weeks back . Since then I have been planning to call them.  Incidentally it is my sisters Yati , Sadd and Nas birthday and Taqi my brother's birthday in February  . Since Sadd and Nas are coming back , it would be nice to have a party. 
I ordered Lamb Magdud  and Hummus . The delivery came exactly  at 6 pm.  I also made Shrimp Louie salad. There is a recipe which I literally took from the You Tube. I wanted to buy avocados but  I have no budget left .The sauce was very nice. I think it is true that  the Worcestershire Sauce, Lea & Perrins makes  a difference. 
So , the lamb was well received although everybody came back late and said they will eat tomorrow. By the next day  there was only one piece  of lamb left. The shrimp salad was delicious. The next day  , my mother made another salad without any shrimp . My sister Sadd treated us to lunch at the Theobrama  Chocolate loungue at the LCCT air port  . She came back  to  send her work for her PHD.   The loungue looks upmarket  and it is. The food is nice , cost RM 12 - RM 20.90. The small chocolate cake is RM 9.90.
Last night we saw  a malay movie called "Pisau Cukur " or Gold Digger . My niece Maryam  loves the movie  We watched  " Julie and Julia" half way as everyone dozed off except   me. My mother made asam pedas yesterday. It is a malay dish where you put , pounded red chili , onion into water . With some shrimp paste and bruised lemon grass. Add also Asam keping or Garcinia Atroviridis it's scientific name. You have to add the fish of choice. And voila   !! you have asam pedas. It is a simple dish and  a favourite of many in the family. My father has bought parboiled rice in order to lessen  his sugar intake.
These are some of the links for a nice shrimp louie salad for those who are interested :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWMAB5qn6oo  
and  a very nice one from http://brokeassgourmet.com/articles/shrimp-louie-with-spicy-dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment