Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cleopatra Comel

Last two weeks, my cat Comel died. I was looking out for her on a Sunday morning. I called out but she did not come so I walked to search for her . Suddenly I saw her body. I was so devastated, I did not call her the night before. I felt very sad . I should have fed her , I should have called her but I didn't . I wept for this gentle creature who is my friend. I wished , I wished. The last cat died. I had a wonderful time with my cats which I raised as kittens. I wished I had taken care of them better. My husband said that it's just heart breaking to see cats dying like this. I felt that I could not take care of any cats.
To keep my mind from lingering about Comel, I have taken up a new hobby. Embroidery . Years ago , in 1994 to be exact I had tried embroidery and had bought a book for embroidery. I think it was a Japanese book. My mother said that she had done embroidery when she was sixteen and has sold some. I am trying to do the rose petals. I had bought a book written by Rosita Jaafar and I saw other very nice embroidery books. I still miss my dearest cat Comel and Hitam.

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking of your cats while I was on a cab 3 days back. Suddenly it made me pondered, gosh how did you take it when Comel died? I didn't ask coz i don't know how to react or even comfort you for the reason that I don't really like pets. At the same time, I knew cats meant more to you than anything else coz cats are and have been your companion. for that I am really sorry for being so ignorant and yet from afar, I did feel your pain but could not verbalize it or even fail to show sympathy or empathy. i got the news when I was in Europe and it didn't occured to me until I was in the cab thinking about pets. Reading your blog just made my heart crushed.
    However I am glad that you took up a hobby that is so close to my heart, i love sewing and if only I have the time, I would do it because it is a 'de-stressor' to me as much as folding clothes.....whatever it is you need to know this...you are the best person who can take care of a cat...i witnessed the passion. So i know you are capable and have done it...i think it is time for the cats to go and it is nothing got to do with your incapabilities of taking care of human or pets. Indeed you are a passionate person and I am sure that Comel and Hitam have had a tremendous life with you in your cozy room--a life far from us out there....

    ReplyDelete