Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Tumeric, Neem and Sandalwood mask




 A few years ago, I was into tumeric mask and products. Somehow it fizzled away . This year I wanted to use tumeric mask again. I wanted to buy the Kasturi Manjal which is wild tumeric or Temulawa. When my father went to Wisma Yakin around Jalan Masjid India , he bought a bottle for me. 
I bought the chick pea powder or besan to be used with tumeric powder. At first I tried the tumeric with honey and milk according to the You Tube videos. Then I started using    tumeric , chickpea powder and water only. I used the this mask every alternate day . The next week , I went to KL and stopped at Samy's Cash and Carry store , the same store my father went to . 
 I  bought another bottle of tumeric, sandalwood and neem powder. Along with a bath powder and rosewater  . The girl at the store told me to use a little bit of tumeric.  I think I have used more tumeric and I got two large pimples.  I stopped using the tumeric mask  for awhile. I did use neem powder and rose water on to the pimples.  Later , two nights ago I tried another recipe using 2 tbsp of Greek yogurt , 1/4 tsp tumeric powder and 1/2 tsp sandalwood powder. This recipe can be used 4 times . 
The price of the tumeric powder is RM 2.90 for 50 grms, while the neem powder and sandalwood powder is RM 3.50 each for 50 grms.  The rose water is RM 4.90 for 125 ml.  All the powder are from Srri Easwari Mills Sdn Bhd and could be found in most  Indian grocery stores . I have enough powders to use as a face  mask  or body mask for  a few months to come. I can use the powders with yogurt , honey or lime juice . The list is endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment